Affordability without sacrifice. The s20 VoIP PBX delivers an incredible array of business features and advances Yeastar’s popular line of Asterisk based appliances. the s 20 adds features, and advances both the hardware and software, with one of the best intuitive user interfaces.
Review of the Yeastar S20 VoIP PBX
Yeastar keeps getting it right. The S20 VoIP appliance is everything that a small company might want. With the host of features that came with the MyPBX SOHO like Fax to Email, Voicemail to Email, MOH, Queues, Ring Groups, Time Conditions, etc., the S20 also offers some neat new features like AutoClip, more robust call recording, and SIP Forking.
The S20 comes with 2 on-board slots that can be used for expansion modules, including FXS, FXO, or T1/PRI ports, and can now also now accept a GSM module (new with the S-20). The hardware has been upgraded and includes Texas Instruments voice processors, a Freescale ARM A9 industrial grade Quad Core CPU, 4GB Samsung flash memory, and double the RAM to 512 MB DDR3.
The S-Series PBXs also have an improved software component and uses version 13 of Asterisk. Review of the S20 shows how well liked the redesigned clean Web-interface (GUI) is. In the design form of a desktop, much like Windows, most people will feel quite at home with its look, navigation design and ability to get to the settings that you need. For example, OpenVPN can be found on its own tab in Network Settings. Administration becomes that much easier, as one can work with several settings at the same time, each opened in its own folder. Shortcuts can then be placed on the PC desktop for quick access to frequently used configurations.
Another big improvement that the S20 offers over the SOHO has to do with the way the recording function of conversations operates. SOHO only would record conversations in an on demand basis with the recording started after the user’s initiation. With the S20 additional functionality has been added so conversations can be setup to record for a certain user or a specific trunk (record all incoming and outgoing calls). This is a huge improvement for companies that need this ability and recordings can be setup to be stored on an external network drive.
It goes without saying that the Yeastar S20 VoIP PBX is one of the best Asterisk based affordable appliances on the market. Yeastar has improved the MyPBX line (although the user capacity of the S20 is less than the MyPBX SOHO) and done so while keeping the appliance, even when adding a FXO or GSM module card, very affordable. And just like its predecessor, you have a choice of SIP based phones that you can use for your deployment, however using Yealink phones, which offer easy configuration and design compatibilities that the two companies have collaborated on, makes this a top choice for any small to medium sized company.
Review for Yeastar S20 VoIP Asterisk Appliance
The S20 VoIP PBX shows Yeastar has doubled down and improved their extremely popular MyPBX SOHO appliance and now offers one of the best affordable small office phone systems anywhere.
Improved upgraded hardware with software improvements have moved the Yeastar s20 as one of the best asterisk IP-PBX appliances on the market for the small office.
- The Yeastar S-Series is compatible withphones by Yeastar, Polycom, Grandstream Snom, etc..
- Easy Installation and Configuration.
- Multiple Language Support, Great for International Satellite Offices.
- An excellent clean intuitive Graphic Interface (Metro UI).
- Supports up to 20 Users, 10 Concurrent Calls and 20 VoIP Trunks (Less than the SOHO.)
- Add PSTN Connectivity through the Addition of a 2Port FXO Module(s).
- Additional application solutions (extra license) such as the Hotel App and Queuemetrics.
- Call recording, SIP Forking, AutoCLIP, Event Center and Visual Status Monitor installed.
- No License Fees and Free lifetime software/firmware upgrades.
- Well written documentation and configuration guides with support through online community, knowledgebase, webinars and Yeastar Academy.
- Enhanced Security with Built-in Firewall.
- 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty