Epson Ecotank ITS L4160 3-in-1 Wi-Fi Printer is an Epson’s next generation, cartridge-free printer. This 3-in-1 with Wi-Fi Direct is easy-to-use, compact and offers double-sided printing. Designed for your convenience, this cartridge-free EcoTank ITS printer comes with up to three years’ worth of ink included. Providing a fantastic solution for busy households, this reliable and easy-to-use model features an enhanced ink filling system and new ink bottles engineered to minimise the risk of spills and mess. It also includes a 3.7cm LCD screen, an SD card reader and double-sided printing.
Prints up to 14,000 pages in black & 5,200 pages in colour ( Quoted yields are extrapolated based on Epson original methodology from the print simulation of Test Patterns provided in ISO/IEC 24712. Quoted yields are NOT based on ISO/IEC 24711. Quoted yields may vary depending on the images that you are printing, the paper type that you are using, the frequency of your prints and environmental conditions such as temperature. During the initial printer setup, a certain amount of ink is used to fill the print head’s nozzles, therefore the yield of the initial bundled set can be lower.)
– Colour Printing
– USB cable not included
Replacement Ink Bottles
– 101 EcoTank Black Ink Bottle
– 101 EcoTank Cyan Ink Bottle
– 101 EcoTank Magenta Ink Bottle
– 101 EcoTank Yellow Ink Bottle
Go longer between refills with this EcoTank ITS printer. It uses an ultra-high-capacity ink tank to completely remove the need for cartridges.
Discover the next generation:
Thanks to the ink tank being positioned at the front of the printer, this new design is compact, provides easy access for refilling, and a clear view of the ink levels. It features an enhanced ink filling system engineered to minimise the risk of spills and mess. The new bottles incorporate a mechanism that ensures only the right tanks are filled with the corresponding colour. And with pigment black and dye colour inks, it produces prints with crisp, clear text and vivid colours.
Print from almost anywhere:
With Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, your printer can receive documents to print from smart devices using the Epson iPrint app.
With a Micro Piezo printhead, EcoTank provides a reliable printing solution. It offers a one year standard warranty, and up to three years with the promotional warranty.
Mobile and Cloud printing services:
Epson Connect (iPrint, Email Print, Remote Print Driver), Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print
Printing Speed ISO/IEC 24734
– 10.5 pages/min Monochrome, 5 pages/min Colour
– 33 pages/min Monochrome (plain paper), 15 pages/min Colour (plain paper), 69 Seconds per 10 x 15 cm photo (Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper)
– Single-sided scan speed (A4 black): 300 dpi 2,4 msec/line; 600 dpi 7,2 msec/line
– Single-sided scan speed (A4 colour): 300 DPI 9.5 msec/line
– Scanning Resolution: 1,200 DPI x 2,400 DPI (Horizontal x Vertical)
– Contact image sensor (CIS)
Paper / Media Handling:
– Number of paper trays: 1
– Duplex: Yes
– Output Tray Capacity: 30 Sheets
– Paper Tray Capacity: 100 Sheets Standard, 100 Sheets maximum, 20 Photo Sheets
– Warranty: 12 months Carry-in, 30,000 pages
– LCD Screen Type: Colour, Diagonal: 3,7 cm
– Included Software: Epson Scan
– All-in-One Functions: Print, Scan, Copy
– Printing Method: On-demand inkjet (Piezo electric)
– Nozzle Configuration: 180 Nozzles Black, 59 Nozzles per Color
– Minimum Droplet Size: 3 pl, With Variable-Sized Droplet Technology
– Ink Technology: Pigment black and Dye colour Inks
– Printing Resolution: 5,760 x 1,440 DPI
– Duplex Printing Speed ISO/IEC 24734: 6 A4 pages/min Monochrome, 4 A4 pages/min Colour
– Colours: Magenta, Yellow, Cyan, Black
– Media Handling: Automatic duplex, Borderless print
– Interfaces: USB, WiFi, Wi-Fi Direct
– WLAN Security: WEP 64 Bit, WEP 128 Bit, WPA PSK (TKIP), WPA PSK (AES)
– Product dimensions: 375 x 347 x 187 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
– Product weight: 6kg
Important Notes to Remember to prolong the life of your printer:
– Printer head (color misalignment, not printing): Due to the ink tank technology, it remains important that the user completes the printer ink charge which can take 20 minutes uninterrupted when setting up the printer intially. If this is not done properly, it will cause users to experience quality problems when printing as they have not allowed the ink to feed through the tubes to the print head. It is imperative that this is done correctly to ensure the user can enjoy the Epson quality.
– Scan not working: When the user prepares the printer they are prompted to download a driver (this is software that allows the pc to talk to the printer) and there are two drivers that needs to be downloaded. One being the printer driver and the other being the scanner driver. This is provided on the disk in the box.
– Paper jamming: This will occur if cardboard with a thickness higher than the recommended 255gsm is used. The compatible weight of paper is 64 g/m² – 250 g/m² (thicker paper / cardboard than this will cause damage to the printer)
– Printer not being used frequently: If the device has not being used over a long period, the print head will need to be cleaned to ensure that none of the printhead nozzles are blocked. A head clean would correct this. The head clean option will be found under the printer settings.
– The warranty is handled directly by Epson.
– For all warranty related questions, please contact the Epson contact centre on 0860 337 766 (7 days a week) for South African and +27 11 201 7730 for the rest of Africa
– For any technical issues with the Epson unit please contact Epson Support on 0860 33 77 66.
– For additional queries please contact Prima Interactive Support Representatives on
Tel: 011 549 2320/1/2
– To register for the Epson extended warranty log onto: https://www.epson.co.za/promotions/extended-warranty
What’s in the box
1 x set of ink (1x 127ml BK, 3x 70ml CMY) + Extra Black
1 x Main unit
1 x Power cable
1 x Software (CD)Warranty document